Do not use Panadol EXTRA
• If you are allergic to paracetamol, caffeine or hydroxybenzoates
• If using other medicines containing paracetamol or caffeine
• For children below age 12
• For more than 48 hours for children aged 12-17 except on medical advice
• For more than a few days at a time in adults except on medical advice
• If pregnant, except on medical advice
• If any of the seals on this packaging are broken
• If the package use-by date has expired
• Until you read the enclosed leaflet carefully
Ask a doctor before use
• If you have liver or kidney problems
• If you are taking warfarin (a medicine used to thin the blood)
• If you are breastfeeding
Stop use and see your doctor immediately if
You have an allergic skin reaction, shortness of breath or wheezing after taking Panadol. These reactions are very rare.
While using this product
If an overdose is taken or suspected, ring the Poisons Information Centre (AUST: 13 11 26; NZ: 0800 764 766) or go to the hospital immediately, even if you feel well because of the risk of delayed, serious liver damage if left untreated.
Keep out of reach of children.
Limit the use of caffeine containing products (including tea and coffee) when taking these caplets. One dose of Panadol Extra contains 130mg of caffeine- this is about 2 cups of instant coffee. Caffeine may cause sleepless if it is taken up to several hours before going to bed.