Create a nutty-tasting and nutritious hay blend for your small pet with Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food. Some small pets like Guinea Pigs, rabbits and chinchillas, need hay to maintain healthy digestion. In fact, hay should make up 75 percent of their diet. Along with digestion, hay keeps teeth trim and promotes natural foraging and mental stimulation. Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food is high in fiber, low in protein and full of flavor, making it ideal for adult small pets. Feed unlimited amounts as an alternative to timothy, orchard and organic meadow hay. Key Benefits
- Oat Hay is companion forage that is similar in nutritional analysis to the western timothy. Your animals will love the immature oat grain that is contained in the seed head and will benefit greatly from the fiber in the leaf and stem.
- Oat Hay is a good source of fiber and also gives variety to your animal's diet. This product also makes a good bedding alternative to wheat straw.
- The stage of maturity at harvest determines the development of the seed head. If the hay is harvested immaturely, at the early bloom stage, the actual oat kernel is not mature. The seed heads consist primarily of oat husks, which are rich in fiber.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. It provides not only nutrition, but environmental enrichment that mimics the animal's natural habitat.
- Provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal functions by stimulating the digestive system. When animals are fed free-choice hay, it promotes their natural chewing behavior, which helps prevent molar spurs and other dental problems that are so common in these small herbivores.
See all items by Oxbow Nutritional Info Ingredients
100% Oat Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads.
|Guaranteed Analysis |
|Crude Protein ||7.0% min |
|Crude Fat ||1.5% min |
|Crude Fiber ||32.0% max |
|Moisture ||15.0% max |